Tochter aus Elysium

Unsere liebe Beatrix, our little miracle of Powderhorn.

beatrix_smile_small

Above: Our miracle, our hope… Beatrix Lulu Sakile. Born in our home this Tuesday past, Beatrix arrived so quickly we could not make the drive to the hospital. My beautiful wife Elisabeth, in a truly heroic and inspired effort I will never forget, sought the comfort of our tub, and, with the help of our midwife Anna by phone, we were able to bring her into this world, together.

She was born underwater in her caul, which the midwife told me to remove. I did so, gently pulling this miraculous veil away from her face. After Elisabeth made one last great effort, I then pulled her from the water and placed her on her mother’s breast. It was a moment we will never forget, her gentle coughing and then the cry of hope we had waited for so patiently, finally rose in her throat.

The paramedic teams arrived shortly after, and we were able to then go to the hospital where both Elisabeth and Beatrix passed their various exams with flying colors. We have since returned home, where it all began. I cannot adequately express my love and admiration for these two beautiful and extraordinary women, only Schiller and Beethoven can capture this moment of beauty and love. Raise your voices with us!

Freude, schöne Götterfunken
Tochter aus Elysium
Wir betreten feuertrunken,
Himmlische, dein Heiligtum.

Deine Zauber binden wieder,
Was die Mode streng geteilt;
Alle Menschen werden Brüder,
Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

eab_123_small

37 Responses to “Tochter aus Elysium”

Still crying……..how beautiful in every way ….Love to the joyous three M

Janice added these words on Sep 02 10 at 8:06 PM

Grats Erik!

Josh added these words on Sep 02 10 at 8:11 PM

Oh, this is such a moving story! Thank you Erik, Beath and little Bea for sharing such a wonderful anecdote with us. All the love of the world to you guys.

Marina Córdova Alvéstegui added these words on Sep 02 10 at 9:01 PM

Thank you! :-) We are so grateful!

Erik Brandt added these words on Sep 02 10 at 9:51 PM

Thank you, Josh!

Erik Brandt added these words on Sep 02 10 at 9:52 PM

Eine wahrlich herrliche Tat von euch drei, so zauberhaft schoen dass es mir fast den Atem raubt – ein Goetterfunke hat da mitgewirkt, ohne Zweifel. Eine Heldengeschichte, das “Wunder von E. 36th Street”!!!

Gunther added these words on Sep 02 10 at 10:57 PM

Tochter aus Elysium! http://ow.ly/2yQ5M

Erik Brandt added these words on Sep 03 10 at 12:58 AM

danke liebe mami und papi!

Erik Brandt added these words on Sep 03 10 at 4:30 PM

sweet angel! : )

mehdi davaei added these words on Sep 04 10 at 12:41 PM

mashallah a true miracle :) Im so happy for you an Beth.. :)

MANAR added these words on Sep 06 10 at 11:29 AM

oh my, brings back memories, although not as dramatic, congratulations and welcome Beatrix!!

James O'Brien added these words on Sep 06 10 at 7:15 PM

mashallah indeed, manar. thanks so much, we miss you dearly.

Erik Brandt added these words on Sep 06 10 at 10:19 PM

Thanks so much, James, we are so grateful.

Erik Brandt added these words on Sep 06 10 at 10:20 PM

Erik-
What joy! I’d wish you the best but you already have it.
Thank you for allowing us to share in one of the very beautiful moments of life.

ruth voights added these words on Sep 07 10 at 8:19 AM

Thank you, Ruth, we are so delighted! :-)

Erik Brandt added these words on Sep 07 10 at 9:17 AM

Erik,

Congratulations – Wow,she’s beautiful.

linda frichtel added these words on Sep 07 10 at 3:03 PM

what a story! and what a family…congrats to you all!!

allen brewer added these words on Sep 07 10 at 4:05 PM

Erik! I was actually thinking about you and your wife last week and wondered if the baby had come. A friend of mine told me the story and I figured I’d come here to read about it. Congratulations! She’s beautiful.

Rebeca Solares added these words on Sep 07 10 at 5:02 PM

Thank you Linda, Allen, and Rebeca, it’s overwhelming, and your words help us immeasurably.

Erik Brandt added these words on Sep 07 10 at 7:07 PM

Joy and peace to the three of you.
We are so happy

bernard + Lisa added these words on Sep 08 10 at 9:10 AM

A thousand thanks for all of your support and help, Bern + Lisa! W hope to see you soon to introduce you!

Erik Brandt added these words on Sep 08 10 at 9:38 AM

such a special story! cheers…

Shara Swinehart added these words on Sep 08 10 at 7:01 PM

What a beautiful story. Congratulations to the family!!

Jenny added these words on Sep 08 10 at 7:11 PM

Thanks so much Shara and Jenny, we are so grateful for your good wishes.

Erik Brandt added these words on Sep 08 10 at 8:23 PM

I am moved to tears by your beautiful words – what a memorable day for you all. Erik you are a STAR and Beth, you are Queen Superwoman giving birth with your first child so easily in those circumstances. As for Beatrix – how absolutely special and gorgeous is she.. blessings for you all from Australia xo Karen

Karen Reid added these words on Sep 08 10 at 10:20 PM

Karen, how did you get so far away? Thank you for your message, we are moved to tears as well.

Erik Brandt added these words on Sep 08 10 at 11:41 PM

Erik, this story brought joyful tears to my eyes. You three beautiful souls radiate into my apartment.

Charisse added these words on Sep 09 10 at 7:44 AM

Thanks so much, Charisse, we are so grateful to share this.

Erik Brandt added these words on Sep 10 10 at 12:17 PM

Born behind the veil, eh? You know if she’s born with the caul still intact myth has it that she will bring many blessings and have psychic abilities…

Clare Bell added these words on Sep 13 10 at 11:36 AM

Yes, Clare… we love this. Hope all is well with you and ATypI, as I am sure it is.

Erik Brandt added these words on Sep 13 10 at 6:49 PM

Erik, Beth and little Bee-

this is such a moving, and harrowing story. We are so happy about your Powderhorn miracle! (And we’re confident that any future adventures in parenthood will seem easy by comparison)

E, T and e

Erik T Johnson added these words on Sep 13 10 at 8:55 PM

E, T, and e… you are the best, thanks so much for your good wishes. We hope to introduce you soon!

Erik Brandt added these words on Sep 13 10 at 11:31 PM

My sister-in-law, Jeanne, has been asking me about Beatrix and her “adjuncts.” Now I have something to tell her. (I was waiting to hear from my cousin — Beth’s mom — when she returned from Minnesota, but haven’t heard from her yet.) Love to you all!

P.S. My daughter, Sandy, sent me your site, Erik. This baby is really bringing family together.

Becky Gilbert added these words on Sep 17 10 at 4:19 AM

Celebrating ONE year of Beatrix today, hooray! Here is the story from that glorious day here at home in Powderhorn. http://t.co/mqc7XHz

Erik Brandt added these words on Aug 31 11 at 4:01 PM

She’s a proper Powderhorn treehugger alright ; )
Beautiful account of her moments of birth, Erik. Lovely to be reminded of the profound joy and delicate details of life!

Terese added these words on Aug 31 12 at 12:41 PM

So kind of you, Terese, much appreciated. Thank you.

Erik Brandt added these words on Aug 31 12 at 4:03 PM