Bienvenido, Lelando!

Wayfaring type teacher will be our special guest.

leland_jolly-good_sport_web

Above: My good friend Leland Hill, from a secret display created by my GD1 class in his honor at VCUQ, some years ago. Leland will be visiting MPLS soon and working with a few of my classes, we wish him welcome!

Et un défi, ô Seigneur des Ténèbres!

para_lelando_crop_web1

Above: Prepare yourself for battle, Monsieur Hill.

14 Responses to “Bienvenido, Lelando!”

What if Leland turns out to be your dad? WHAT if he cuts off your hand before letting you fall to your death?

As designers, we have to think of all the angles here.

Dylan C. Lathrop added these words on Mar 15 09 at 2:10 PM

Darth Vader: There is no escape. Don’t make me destroy you.
[pauses]
Darth Vader: Luke, you do not yet realize your importance. You have only begun to discover your power. Join me, and I will complete your training. With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to the galaxy.
Luke: I’ll never join you!
Darth Vader: If you only knew the power of the Dark Side. Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father.
Luke: He told me enough! He told me *you* killed him!
Darth Vader: No. *I* am your father.
Luke: No. No. That’s not true. That’s impossible!
Darth Vader: Search your feelings, you *know* it to be true!
Luke: [anguished] No! Nooooo!

Erik Brandt added these words on Mar 15 09 at 4:30 PM

I make this statement that I am fully aware that by quoting this text and revealing the fact that I have a “light sabre,” may mean a complete loss of credibility in Blogistan. That being said:

Yoda: Yes, run! Yes, a Jedi’s strength flows from the Force. But beware of the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan’s apprentice.
Luke: Vader… Is the dark side stronger?
Yoda: No, no, no. Quicker, easier, more seductive.
Luke: But how am I to know the good side from the bad?
Yoda: You will know… when you are calm, at peace, passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Erik Brandt added these words on Mar 15 09 at 4:33 PM

Bienvenido, Lelando!: Wayfaring type teacher will be our special guest.

Above: My good friend Leland Hill, from.. http://tinyurl.com/ctypkj

Erik Brandt added these words on Mar 15 09 at 6:46 PM

that has to be the best picture you have ever posted! I cant stop laughing!

Sonja Rostad added these words on Mar 15 09 at 6:26 PM

pure gold, erik!

Dolly Vu added these words on Mar 15 09 at 7:35 PM

Yoda say, forgiveness is divine, but never underestimate the power of a Star Wars quote.

Or was that Liz Lemon?

Chris Burns added these words on Mar 15 09 at 8:40 PM

I appreciate this being so well commented and filled with Star Wars references. Can this blog become Geotypodeathstar?

Dylan C. Lathrop added these words on Mar 15 09 at 10:13 PM

The ability to destroy a planet – is insignificant – next to the the power of the blog.

Chris Burns added these words on Mar 16 09 at 12:46 AM

Erik~ I had no idea. :(

Andy added these words on Mar 16 09 at 8:56 AM

I know, so sorry, Andy, my sincere apologies. But… “If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.”

=:-)

Erik Brandt added these words on Mar 16 09 at 12:35 PM

I for one, Star Wars aside, am excited to learn from Leland.

Ryan Hageman added these words on Mar 16 09 at 8:38 PM