saba7 el 7′er!

Oh my, and isn’t it a good morning?

josh_3020_p004

Above: MCAD student Josh, aside for a few hics and tics, not a bad sketch and certainly a very ohiogozaimasu! Fresh sketches from our yes we did Typography: Hierarchy + Expression grupetto.

Oh, and it is on!

Several of our groups are approaching this problem from varying degrees. Again relying on Verena Gerlach’s recent typeface, FF Chambers Sans, the students have tried to interpret our batch of Arabic cell phone type. These sketches were generated in a three hour period, so more time will yield a chance to spot various issues and improve upon them. We welcome any and all feedback, saba7 el 7′er!

dan_3020_p004

Above: MCAD student Dan.

eric_3020_p004

Above: MCAD student Eric, dibujada con un lápiz.
Manar, pour vous, je pense!

emily_3020_p004

Above: MCAD student Emily.

tousue_3020_p004

Above: MCAD student Tousue.

sarah_3020_p004

Above: MCAD student Sarah.

brendan_3020_p004

Above: MCAD student Brendan.

liam_3020_p004

Above: MCAD student Liam. Mash Allah, mes élèves,
a wonderful beginning.

7 Responses to “saba7 el 7′er!”

Wow, this looks great! I do love them all, but I guess, Sarah really got me with her design (+ my favorite color). Or Liam, Brendan, Tousue, Eric, Dan and Josh?

Verena added these words on Feb 19 09 at 1:25 AM

I loved Eric’s work…. and Suddenly my name was there! :) I’m Eric’s FAN

MANAR added these words on Feb 19 09 at 3:16 AM

More beautiful designs showing Verena Gerlach’s FF Chambers Sans ☞ http://tinyurl.com/dny9uw

FontFont Library added these words on Feb 19 09 at 2:00 PM

Verena: Thank you so incredibly much! Also this shade of green is ONE of my favorite colors, and I love the way the gray plays along with it nicely as well! Check out how well your 7′s work together to make that pattern! Too cool!

Dan: I’m completely drawn to yours this go around. The texture in the back? mmmmm… nice.

Sarah added these words on Feb 19 09 at 6:15 PM

Thanks for all of these comments. Mona, if you are out there, I have a feeling the first is for the Egyptian Tiger!

Erik Brandt added these words on Feb 19 09 at 8:01 PM

Update: Just noticed that we have been twittered a few times via FontFont?! See February 10th and 19th posts! Vielen Dank, FontFont!

Erik Brandt added these words on Feb 22 09 at 2:10 PM

Thank you Verena and Manar! Very nice to hear from you two. I was glad to find out that I have fans! :)

Eric Gorvin added these words on Feb 24 09 at 3:41 PM